Table of Contents
Do I need food receipts for DTS?
– They must be itemized and show payment. Making a reservation in DTS doesn’t exempt you from this requirement. A receipt must show payment.
What is a valid receipt?
A valid receipt will show specifics about the purchase – what was purchased, when, where, the amount, and proof of payment. Generally, the person making the purchase possesses the receipt, which substantiates who should be reimbursed.
What is a zero balance receipt?
Receipts are required for lodging expenses regardless of cost. Total expense. Form of payment. Zero balance or other notation indicating full payment has been made.
Where do I enter receipts in DTS?
– Upload your receipts on the Expenses screen of your DTS voucher. You can convert your paper receipts to electronic images by scanning them, taking a picture of them, or – if you prefer the old school approach – faxing them into DTS (using the Print Fax Cover Sheet link in DTS).
What should receipts include?
The basic components of a receipt include:
- The name and address of the business or individual receiving the payment.
- The name and address of the person making the payment.
- The date the payment was made.
- A receipt number.
- The amount paid.
- The reason for the payment.
- How the payment was made (credit card, cash, etc)
What must a receipt show?
They don’t require a unique identification number or customer information, but every receipt you issue should include:
- Your business name, logo, and contact information;
- The date of sale;
- An itemized list of sold products and services;
- The price of each sold product and service;
- Any discounts or coupons;
What does a valid receipt look like?
your company’s details including name, address, phone number and/or email address. the date of transaction showing date, month and year. a list of products or services showing a brief description of the product and quantity sold.
What is a DD 1351 2?
A DD 1351-2 is a travel voucher or sub-voucher used by US Department of Defense (DOD) employees to claim travel costs. The person completing the form must provide all of the requested information, including who went on the trip with them.
What is the PCS mileage rate?
$0.16 per mile
For PCS travel the Mileage Allowance In Lieu of Transportation (MALT) rate is $0.16 per mile, down from $0.17 per mile. The official mileage distance is determined by Defense Department. The number of travelers in the vehicle has no bearing on the amount of MALT paid.
Do you need a receipt for a DTS reservation?
And one more thing – receipt requirements still apply even if you made the reservation via DTS. – Make sure the expenses on your voucher match what your receipts say you paid. If you happen to have any personal expenses on the receipt (e.g., room service), make sure you subtract them from the cost that you enter on your voucher.
What kind of receipts do I need for TDY?
– While you’re TDY, snag a receipt for any travel-related expenses of $75.00 or more and for your lodging ( except when a flat rate per diem rate applies ). If your organization has additional receipt requirements, make sure you grab receipts for those items, too.
What do you need to know about DFAs receipts?
– Receipts must match the claim on the voucher. According to DFAS audits, a lot of DoD travelers attach receipts that don’t match the claims on their vouchers. Red flags should wave in your head if the traveler claimed $385.99 for lodging, but attached a receipt showing they only paid $185.99.
Do you have to show receipts for lodging?
– Receipts must be provided for any lodging expense (regardless of cost) and any expense of $75.00 or more. If required receipts are missing, return the voucher to the traveler.